UF/Department Computer Policies
Consulting Services - UF Help Desk
The UF Computing Help Desk provides phone, email and walk-in computer consulting services to faculty, staff and students and communications with campus IT support as needed to resolve an individual's computing issues.The UF Computing Help Desk:
- Assists individuals with computing issues and requests to enable timely initiation or continuation of instructional, research and UF's enterprise systems;
- Assists with account and computer compromises to mitigate security threats;
- Coordinates with distributed IT support to assist with locally provided services;
- Tracks repeat incidents to identify needed end user documentation and training, and to provide a self-service knowledge base.
The following services are NOT offered by UF or our department. You will want to contact your vendor or a local service center for this type of work.
- Hardware maintenance and repair
- Consultation on class assignment tasks
- Walk-in installations or configurations on desktop computers
Note that the Help Desk/IT Staff reserves the right to end any consulting session due to hardware issues, software incompatibility or corruption or other circumstances that require vendor assistance.
Please see the UF Help Desk's site for more information
The UF/WEC department will not service personal computers. You will need to contact your computer vendor or local service department, such as Dog Bytes Computers.