In the event of an emergency or disaster affecting campus, the UF Homepage will be the official source of UF emergency related information.
COVID-19 Information and UF Research Status
UF Research Status Update (15 April 2020)
The University of Florida continues to work through the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite these challenges, most of our sponsored projects have continued, many by temporarily transitioning to remote workplace, some with modifications to work plans, while others have been allowed to maintain some on-campus effort as a designated essential activity. As we continue to support the research objectives in specific sponsored projects, it will prove helpful to keep sponsors accurately informed on the status of university operations and of specific sponsored projects, including modifications of work plans. Principal Investigators have been recommended to provide sponsors with a short update given the current work conditions, if prudent under their Notice of Award. These updates can take the form of short memos or bulleted lists and are intended to let agency contacts assess the impacts on their programs
- Status of University of Florida Operations:
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Florida remains deeply committed to the health and safety of the people involved in research at our institution, while continuing to pursue the objectives of our research sponsors.
- The University of Florida remains open with the majority of operations temporarily transitioned to teleworking from home. All UF|Research administrative operations are fully functional and available via this modality.
- On-campus activities are currently limited to those identified and approved as essential by UF managers and leadership.
- Field research efforts are limited due to state, local, and university travel restrictions.
- Residents within the Gainesville community are currently under an emergency Stay as Home order from the state and local county.
- The University of Florida continues to monitor the impacts of the epidemic, and in coordination with local, state and national authorities, will assess changes to campus status as conditions warrant.
Hurricane Task Preparation Checklist - Office - Assignments for Securing Administrative and Office Areas
Hurricane Task Preparation Checklist - Lab - Assignments for Laboratory and Research Areas