Graduate Program Certificates
Graduate Certificates in Other Departments
Certificates are annotations to your transcripts that indicate concentrated study in related disciplines. Certificates demand from 6-15 course credits to complete, though most are around 9 credits. Since these credits are non-WIS credits, balancing the needs for WIS credits in the WEC graduate major with non-WIS credits is a consideration. See UF’s Policy / Definition for Graduate Certificates.
CAUTION! Some certificate programs may not amenable to current graduate students, that is, they may be stand-alone programs that cannot be done while completing a graduate degree in another department. So before committing – you must discuss the certificate option with someone knowledgeable in the home department!
Advice! Use your Form 2 to help you plan if a graduate certificate is right for you!
- WEC non-thesis MS students take at least 14 WIS letter-graded credits, leaving 15 non-WIS graded credits free for electives in any field. Confer with your coursework advisor!
- WEC research MS students must take 11 or more WIS letter-graded credits, but with research commitments, fitting in a graduate certificate will be challenging so confer with your advisors early!
- WEC PhD students should take 12 or more WIS letter-graded credits, but they have more leeway (time and credits) to fit a graduate certificate into their programs with planning. Again, confer with your advisors and examine your long-term priorities before committing.
SOME GRADUATE CERTIFICATES
- Forestry, Fisheries, & Geomatic Sciences has closely related and skills-based certificates (link)
- Urban and Regional Planning offers a graduate minor (link)
- Digital Geography (link)
- Journalism certificates (link)
- Aggregated Engineering certificates (link)
- Gender, Sexualities and Women’s Studies certificates (link)
- Wildlife Forensic Sciences and Conservation certificate (link)
THE REST OF THEM – UF OFFERS MANY!
UF Graduate School list of graduate certificates – you will have to search for them yourself though! http://graduateschool.ufl.edu/academics/graduate-certificates/
- Graduate Program Overview
- Admission Requirements
- Application Process
- Tuition, Fees, and Residency
- Financial Aid and Fellowships
- Graduate Course Listing
- Study Abroad Courses
- PhD Student Timeline
- MS *(Thesis) Student Timeline
- MS *(Non-Thesis) Student Timeline
- Graduate Handbook
- Student Organizations
- Computer Policy & Guidelines
- Job Opportunities
- Online Resources
- Travel Grant Opportunities