Skip to main content

Wildlife Ecology and Conservation department

Wildlife Ecology and Conservation department

Travel Information

Important Travel Information

WEC Travel Policy and Procedures - Please read these if you plan any department travel.

Travel Forms

Below are the department forms needed for travel:

  • WEC Research Activity Request - UF requires that an informal Travel Authorization (TA) should be on file in the department when faculty, staff, or students are out of the office conducting job activities (such as research activities)
  • Travel Authorization Form - This form should be submitted at least 7 days before the travel starts.
  • International Travel Check List - This form must be provided prior to or with your Travel Authorization request form for international travel.
  • Travel Expense Report Form - This form should be submitted no later than 7 days after you return from your travel.
  • Authorization for Per Diem in Excess of 30 Days - To be completed when the period of travel extends beyond 30 days. Approved form must accompany Travel Expense Report backup material.
  • Instructions for Travel Cash Advance - Requires an approved Travel Authorization; based on estimated personal expenditures only; provided no earlier than 10 days prior to start date of the trip.

UF Traveler's Guide

The two page UF Traveler's Guide provides greater detail related to travel and can answer a lot of frequently asked questions. You can download the PDF here.

UF Travel Directives and Procedures

The purpose of these University of Florida Travel Directives and Procedures is to provide direction for employees and others who undertake travel on behalf of the University. You can view them here.

Foreign Travel

Foreign Travel Registration - MEDEX Insurance - Required

Foreign Travel Registration with the University International Center is required for each international trip. Note that MEDEX coverage is now provided free of charge to all travelers on official UF international business. A copy of your MEDEX card must be provided to the Department Travel Office prior to your trip.

All members of the UF community who are traveling on officially-sanctioned UF business outside the United States are required to register their travel on the UF International Center Web site above.

This registration procedure does not apply to students traveling on UF-sponsored, exchange or non-UF study abroad programs, nor to those undergraduates doing independent study abroad.

WEC Faculty are still required to complete the Out of State Travel Approval Form (found in the Travel Forms section above) as well.